Ready to apply for an internship or a full-time job at KACS? Here’s what you’ll need:
- An updated resume
- A transcript/degree from your university/college (unofficial is fine)
- In some cases, a cover letter, short essay, or additional information listed in the job description.
Focus on your resume
Your resume is the first piece of information we’ll see about you. Here’s how to highlight your achievements:
- Align your skills and experience with the internship or job description
- Be specific about projects you’ve worked on or managed. What was the outcome? How did you measure success?
- If you’ve had a leadership role in a volunteer organization or at a part-time job, tell us about it. How big was the team? What was the scope of your work?
- Include your college results, as well as school-related projects or semester works that demonstrate relevant skills and knowledge.
- Keep it short: Aim for one page. If there’s additional information we need during the hiring process, (like a portfolio), your recruiter will work with you to collect it
Prepare for the interview process
- Once you’ve submitted your application online, our staffing team will review your resume, transcript, and any supplementary materials
- The next step in the process is a series of interviews—which may be on the phone, via video conference, or in person—to assess your skills
- For technical interviews, practice relevant engineering concepts, food technology related concepts or software coding, as and where applicable.
- Structure your interview answers: It’s important to show how you arrive at a solution, so think out loud
Helpful questions to think about as you prepare:
- How do you work best, both as an individual and as part of a team?
- What challenges have you faced at school or at work and how did you overcome them?
- Which of your skills or experiences would be assets in the role and why?
If you don’t understand a question, ask your interviewers for clarification and take the time you need with responses.